There is a limit of 1000 participants for this event. Enter now so you don’t miss out!
|Entry Prices||Early Bird (closes 31st October 2017)||Normal|
|5km Fun Run||$15.00||$15.00|
Online entries will close at midnight on 7th December 2017. Late entries will be accepted at registration on the 8th December with an additional $10 late entry fee.
- Race numbers and race packs will be available for pick up from 5.30pm – 8.30pm Friday 8th of December from the Union Boat Club, Somme Parade and also available on race day from 5.30am
- Race Briefing will be held at the start line 10 minutes before the start of each event
- Race briefing 10 minutes before the start of your event
- 6:00am Pak’n Save Marathon Walk
- 7:30am Pak’n Save Marathon Run
- 8:00am Property Brokers Half Marathon Walk
- 8:30am Property Brokers Half Marathon Run
- 9:00am Lets Go Corporate Relay
- 10:00am Unichem Whanganui 10k
- 11:30am The Hits 5k
- 12:30pm McDonald’s 1.2k Fun-run-athon
- 1:30pm Prize giving
Event / Race Numbers
- Please record brief medical details on the reverse of your number
- You must pin your race number to the front of your shirt. The timing transponder is attached to your race number
- Major spot prizes will be drawn at prize-giving and winners must be there to collect their spot prize otherwise it will be redrawn
- Early bird and minor spot prizes will be drawn before the event and can be collected with race packs
Event Road Rules
- All participants, at all times, must remain inside the marked course and must keep to the footpath if available. Failure to do so could lead to disqualification
- Walkers are requested to walk no more than two abreast so as not to impede the progress of the runners or to create a traffic hazard
- At all times, you must obey instructions given to you by the Police, Event Officials and Marshals
- Accompanying animals are not allowed on the course
- Headphones and ipods are not to be used
- This course is not suitable for wheelchairs or pushchairs
- Marathon and Half Marathon competitors / entrants are to be 16 years of age or over
- 10km competitors / entrants to be 12 years of age or over
- 1.2km Fun-Run-Athon competitors / entrants to be 13 years of age or under
- Competitors / entrants under 7 years of age must be accompanied by a parent / caregiver
- At the finish line please follow the directions of the event officials
- Official event timing will cease at 1.00pm. Competitors in the Marathon can request an earlier start time if required
- This year’s events will be timed by The Timing Team
Showers and Toilets
- There are showers and toilets available at the Union Boat Club for use on the day of the event
- Port-a-loos will also be available at the Start/Finish area
- Finishers Certificates will be available to download from www.whanganuithreebridges.co.nz
- The Tamara Back Packers Lodge
24 Somme Parade, Whanganui
Phone Rory or Barbara on 06 347 6300
- Riverview Motel
14 Somme Parade, Whanganui
Phone 06 345 2888
- Riverside Motel
30 Somme Parade, Whanganui
Phone 06 345 2448
For a Meal
- Brick House Restaurant
See Mike and Julie at 72 Hill Street, Whanganui
Phone: 06 348 4945
- Big Orange / Ceramic Lounge
See Dave at 51 Victoria Ave, Whanganui
Phone: 06 348 4449
- McDonald’s Family Restaurants
314 Victoria Ave, Whanganui
Or 3 Liffiton Street, Whanganui
- Pak’nSave Whanganui
167 Glasgow St, Whanganui, 4500
- There is parking available in many surrounding streets, but it will be busy so please allow time to find a park. On Friday only, there is parking available outside the Union Boat Club on Taupo Quay, between Market Place and Bates Street. There will be no parking in this area on Saturday as this is the start/finish area.
Traffic and Event Supporters
- An official road closure will be in place from 4am to 4pm along Taupo Quay between Market Place and Bates St, and only official vehicles will be allowed on this part of the course.
- It is strongly recommended that supporters not follow the event at any point, by any means of transportation (this includes bikes). Please leave the course free for the participants.
- There will be qualified first aiders available on the course. If you require assistance please request help from any marshal or official. There will also be a first aid kit available at the Start / Finish area.
- Provisional results will be posted at the Union Boat Club as soon as they become available and updated accordingly. If you do have a query arising from the provisional results please see one of our officials at the Union Boat club.
- Results will also be posted to the event website of www.whanganuithreebridges.co.nz asap after the event.
Online entries will close at midnight, 7th December 2017. Late entries will be accepted on 8th December with an additional $10 late entry fee.
Join the fun on the 9th December 2017. Enter an event today!